Jennie Bretschneider graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of California, Davis, finished a Master’s Degree at the University of Freiburg, Germany, and earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento. Jennie was born and raised in San Jose, California. She and her husband, Matthias, and their two children, Yannick and Hanna, made Davis their home in 1998.
Jennie served for many years as a policy consultant to the California State Assembly and Senate and served as Assistant Chief Deputy and Counsel to the California Secretary of State. Jennie established Davis Wills & Trusts in 2011.
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Super Lawyers Northern California Rising Star
- Outstanding Graduating Senior Award, Pacific McGeorge School of Law
- Witkin Awards: Conflict of Laws & Public Policy Development
- Order of the Coif
- Traynor Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, 2009-2010
Professional and Association Memberships
- Yolo Community Foundation Board Member
- American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- State Bar of California Trusts and Estates Section
- WealthCounsel Northern California Forum
- Yolo County Bar Association
- Downtown Business Association
What I love about estate planning, is taking the time to get to know each client and giving special attention to each client’s unique needs. My job is to help clients anticipate both the inevitable and the unexpected events in life. Together we design estate plans that work to realize goals, minimize risks, avoid taxes and court involvement, and keep families on the right path toward the future.
In creating an estate plan, we discuss your concerns, carefully consider options, and design a plan to fit your situation. When we finish an estate plan, clients often say, “I can’t believe we put this off so long. Thank you for making this so easy for us.”
I would be happy to meet with you for an initial consultation, so that we have an opportunity to get to know each other and make sure working together is a good fit for both of us.